Plymouth British and Classic MotorCycle Club

header photo

Connect Via

The Magnificent Seven........Ryde

saw us travel to Lymington to catch the ferry to Yarmouth  I. O. W. straight forward journey 
apart some awful traffic at Dorchester, taking into account CoCo's scenic route.

More scenic riding from Yarmouth to Ryde and a few U turns to find the rally venue.
Smallbrook Speedway Stadium proved to be a very good all round venue.

The fist night there, there were more than a few intoxicated members (photos and video available) . 

A day of recovery opting to give the big ride a miss,and doing one of our own,
 with one or two deciding to stay at the camp site, there fore missing out on our first breakdown , 
A broken battery lead which was quickly fixed once we found it,(The Commando roared back to life.)
Later that day, much to our surprise Monty and Ann arrived to join the group,it was nice to see them.
That evening proved to be a much more sober event, with yours truly being the only raffle winner .(a nice set of screw drivers).

Sunday . 
Packed up , Rob,Chris,Monty and Ann said their goodbye 's and  left for home, the remaining five of us made our way to Rookley Caravan Park.
The caravan was a lot more comfortable  than the tents ( proper beds)  The night was spend exploring the
 recreational parts of our caravan site (bars)

Started with  Crazy golf which was set next to our caravan, it was none stop laughter, so we had two rounds.
The camp site also offered fishing (own fishing lake) and cycle hire. 
These activities were to much like hard work, so we went for a steam train ride instead. (A few miles up the road.)
In short we spent most of the time just chilling out.   Received request from Rob, to look out for a Triumph 500
rear exhaust silencer that had broken free while speed testing on their way home near Exeter airport.  
Time for Terry Jerry and myself to head for back home to Plymouth.
Nearly had crash dummy number three Jerry blinded by the sun used me as a brake.(run into the back of me.(No damage)).
Nearly taking both of us out, Fortunately I managed to hold on and we didn't fall over.
We arrived home safe in Plymouth about 3:30 leaving Coco and Nick to see the rest of the week out on their own .
Their intentions being to  go to the Solent rally in Southampton.


We thought it might be nice for those that haven't yet attended a rally with the club to have a greater insight into those you may be sitting next to at other events (this video also shows clearly, the dangers of Cider!!!)

Please add a comment below